Monday, December 21, 2015

2015-12-21 TRANSFERS

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind, and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God. Moroni 10:32
So this week was transfers. I got a new companion! Her name is Sister Olivers; she is from the State of Amazonas and has been here for a year and a month. She is honestly an answer to my prayers. I am so grateful for her. With our investigators, she is direct but gentle. She has already taught me a lot in the week that we have been together. There are also 2 other americans in our house (Sister Helm from Idaho and Sister Walker from Washington).
We had a very productive week this week. Two of our investigators, Phillipe and Tiago, are awesome. They are brothers and every lesson we teach, they are so receptive to. Phillipe is so humble and has such a desire to seek the truth. He is so open and understanding.
Before when people would tell us their life stories, I had no idea what they were saying. But now I understand the jist of what they are saying. I am able to grasp what they are struggling with and the general situation. I do not understand the whole story, but I understand a lot more than I have in previous weeks.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday break!
If you have not had a chance yet, watch the video from the church ``A Savior is Born``. It is awesome and a reminder of the life and work of our Savior.
Love,
Sister Morgan Ruiz