Monday, December 14, 2015

2015-12-14 Food

Hello Everyone!

So first off I want to tell y'all about the food that I have eaten. There is a lady in our branch who always cooks unusual things for the missionaries to try. The first time we went to her house we had hawk ( I think, I am not really sure, but that is what it sounded like when the other missionaries were explaining it to me). Then the next time we had guaiamum. I do not know what the english equivalent is, but it's some type of crab that is blue. We had it in lasanga but it was still interesting. Then one of our investigators made us shrimp in a super fancy way with lettuce and limes and tomatoes and other stuff. I took a picture of when I tried it, and I did not make a pleasant face. But I did manage to eat another one. 

Secondly, last week at church someone said something interesting. We are always told everything will work out in the end. We need to trust this. If something is not good in our lives right now, we should not worry so much because it is not the end. It will get better whether it is next week, next year, or in the next 10 years. We need to trust and have hope in God and have hope to know the end will be better than where we are now. 

My portuguese is going well, but it is nowhere close to profound. But when we teach people I do not need big words because the gospel is simple. And because I only know the simple words, I can explain in a simple way. The gospel is simple. God loves all his children. He wants all of us to return to him. He has always provided a way for us to know his words, and he continues to do so today. 

Love you all,
Sister Morgan Ruiz