Monday, November 30, 2015

2015-11-30 Massa

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.
And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true.
Massa. This is a word with many meanings. It means “pasta”, or “dough”, but it also means “super cool”. Then maça is an apple but it sounds almost exactly the same. But massa is my favorite word at the moment, and I use it a lot, and then the Brazilians are impressed that I know a slang word.
My companion is really worried about all the tanlines I have. She freaked out the first day I was here because of the tanlines I already had. She was really concerned for me, but I reassured her that I had had those for a while. Then I got a sunburn yesterday because I forgot to put on sunscreen. (It is around 100 degrees everyday here.) My companion freaked out again. I told her it was all good, I have gotten plenty of sunburns in my life, and it is not a bad one because it does not hurt.  
I hope y’alls Thanksgiving was good and had lots of food. Our lunch appointment bailed so I just had a sandwich for Thanksgiving.
We had divisions this week. I was with Sister Helm; she is from Idaho and has been here a little over a year. She has bright red hair, so when we would talk to people they were really confused when I was struggling in some parts and she was speaking perfectly.
We are teaching a lot of people. A lot of which are single mothers. It is really sad because most of them are not older than 25, but they have to stay home and live with family members in order to provide for their children.
A lot of people here do not have money for extra things, like Christmas things. So I have to be creative with talking about Christmas, because all the lessons I have been taught are focused more on Christ than on shopping. But they do not have the money to shop.
Thanks for everything,
Happy Holidays,
Sister Morgan Ruiz